Today I want to share how much I love my job as a new mother!
- I love observing her daily growth and get shocked at how fast she is growing.
- I love waking up in the middle of the night to feed and not miss out every moment of her growth.
- I love cooing with her all day long and sometimes forget how to carry an adult conversation.
- I love feeding her and holding her in my arms, even though sometimes my back gets pretty sore.
- I love changing diapers and occasionally getting poop and pee on my hands.
- I love bathing her and have her splash water on me.
- I love hearing her snoring while she's taking a nap.
- I love reading my Bible out loud to her and have her telling me what she think of it.
- I love singing Bible songs to her before she goes to bed.
- I love preaching the Gospel to her and remind myself as well that "Jesus died for our sins."
I love the job that the Lord has given me... what a privilege and joy to be a stay-at-home mom!
4 comments:
I agree on all except the changing diapers. I would be totally fine with Joe changing them all the time! :P
Hahaha! I'm not looking forward to introduce solid foods for Mer. Her BM is still tolerable for me right now since we're exclusively breastfeeding. She recently started squirming and kicking A LOT during diaper changes, so sometimes it can get a bit messy for myself and her too.
One day it looked like she caught some poop on one of her hands, and it did gross me out (because she's been sucking her fingers A LOT!) Yuck!
I love baby snores too. Such audio sweetness.
--Jessica
I have too recently have been blessed to be a stay at home mom. Some of my family members frown at the idea but I rejoice in the responsibility of ushering my daughters heart into the arms of Christ. It is a HUGE resposibility but thank God for his son Jesus and the grace that He provides. I pray that she sees me as a redeemed sinner/ lover of Christ!
Post a Comment