Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Typhoon Sepat...

So the typhoon swept through Taiwan this past weekend. Except the baptism class got cancelled (moved to Sep. 1st), our family weren't affected much. We stayed home most of the time watching a couple movies we rented before the typhoon came. It was really windy... I can hear the wind whistling through the window the day it arrived, but not so much rain around my city. There are many parts of the nation were flooded and landslide over some highways... trees pulled up or broken from different places... street signs got broken off as well as store signs...

The tree got broken during the storm...
the pink tall building on the left hand corner is my home!

The other thing that affected my family is that we won't get much vegetables the next couple days.... Vegetables, especially ones with leaves, are extremely expensive after the storm. It's like a head of lattice is equivalent to $8 US.

I wanted to take a video of the storm, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next one to do so...

1 comment:

Mildred said...

Glad you weren't too affected by the typhoon. xx