Pages

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely...

Have you ever struggled rejoicing with another brother or sister because of envy of their circumstances? Have you ever cast prejudice on another person before properly evaluate the situation? Have you ever felt so crippled to embrace another because your sin clings so closely?

That's me. I listen to another person telling me something and judge that person in my head. I smile on the outside but I can't rejoice or praise whole heartedly.

*ugh*

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfect of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1-2


I've been memorizing and teaching this verse to the preschoolers at our church, and what a conviction it brings to my sinful heart. At the same time, what a hope and freedom it offers. How I need to let go of my sinful thoughts so I can run the "race" freely!

Oh Lord, forgive me of my judgmental thoughts and help me lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, so I can run with endurance the race that is set before me... Looking to Jesus!

No comments: