Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dreams and Ambition

Lately I've been having some random thoughts on all sorts of things. They are not necessary organized, but maybe by writing them out, they can be organized.
Today I got to talk to my family about dreams and ambition. I was reminded of many verses in Proverbs:
16:9 - In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
19:21 - Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
When I was in college, I made lots of plans of my future, regarding my career, my future husband, where I want to live, to travel... etc. However, the Lord's plans are different than mine, but much MUCH better than I could ever plan on my own. As the Buffalo and I make different decisions or "dream" about the future, it is important that we always factor in how we can first glorify God in our steps before trying to make ourselves look good or live comfortably.
Pray that God will continue to stimulate my desires to be challenged and not be a sluggard on the other extreme.

1 comment:

Mrs. Artley said...

SHU!!! we have sooo much in common! We have to really sit down and talk!